Harbouring a princess
Meaning princess in Malay, Puteri Harbour is a waterfront development which is more than just a harbour
Set in the glorious Strait of Johor in Malaysia, Puteri Harbour takes its Influences from the early Malay and Bugis coastal villages where waterways were a vital part of life. The modern take on this is a development which seeks to redefine luxury living and offer real estate benefits to the astute investor.
In order to uphold the objective above, a set of Urban Design Guidelines(UDG) were prepared. These UDG seek to facilitate the emergence of a cohesive integrated built environment whilst recognising that the development will progressively take place on a site by site basis. Generally, Puteri Harbour’s UDG provide the land use in a holistic manner addressing the above ground space, street level as well as underground environments.
The masterplan adopts the following five design principles as embedded in the master plan objective ;identity, community, amenity, safety and sustainability.
- To enhance the identity of the waterfront:
- To create amenities for all groups of people that complements the water-front experience
- To promote the sense of community within the urban spaces
- To adopt safety and security measures through environmental design
- To promote environmental sustainable designs and use of resources